Saturday, March 24, 2012

"I see glimpses of me"


Catchy title? , but this is what I feel whenever I watch any breath taking video of Matthew Brown or Karen Abad, both are photographer come artists who love moving pictures and love to tell a story through their work. I follow Karen in Tumblr (one of the social networking sites) and I found her the most intense woman, I have ever seen or heard, she is so engrossed into her work, cameras are like her best toy and “she knows every nitty gritty of camera and videography” would be so cliché to describe her. She is an artist; she has an eye of a great story teller, her videos in Vimeo (an online platform to share the videos that have been made by you not like YouTube by the way) are like possessions to me. She lives in moment and tries to show that through her works too, one of her video titled – “enjoy your worries, you may never have them again”- can you imagine! How deep her thoughts are.
Well, people like Karen Abad do exist in this planet and inspire people like us.               
But what is that glimpse – is that a set of mere images where I am doing what I want? Well, at least I have understood it takes a long time to realize what you want, sometimes half of your life. So, I would not go that far let time and it’s amazing circle decide what I want actually. But I cannot ignore the feeling of my existence when I see these videos; the very moment when I watch them, fills my heart with thousands of butter flies or make me feel like – I am falling in love again and again. May be boring but that’s how I feel and if this is called a “call” – how can I stop myself from being responding to it.
“Living in the moment” is a broad term and I know it’s not easy but would my job allow me to do that? I don’t know?
All I know is that I have to embrace the practicality and should have a pair of impeccable ears for the “call”(s)!!!

Some of her works:
“After the rain”
“Enjoy your worries; you may never have them again”   

you can watch more of her breath taking works in vimeo


No comments:

Post a Comment