Some times in your life when u r too busy with ur present and future, getting inspired by new things that are continuously happening around u, some part of ur past just move ur present and u again be inspired, take that part as a fresh new gift that has been given to u and internalize it again and again. Something like that has happened to me since yesterday. I had been listening to the MTV Unplugged , now it’s a show where every week new singer/band comes up and play their unplugged versions. Yesterday “Euphoria” came and I became nostalgic. Yes, I am a pure music lover . I live music. So being such kind of a person ,it is obvious that I would be a great fan of Euphoria. I have been listening to them since my school days(clss 6/7 I guess).
Now coming to their music. What I believe is Indian Muzik industry – the very name implies to “Bollywood music” in almost every one’s mind. Indian Pop music -do they have any existence??? Yes they have but that is very niche. If 70% of our indian population comprises of below the age 3o, among them 10-20% are exposed to indian pop music which has a very few existence in Indian music Industry itself,reason-- u know why.when u have a gold mine to produce gold, will u choose any other way to produce it!!!!!!!!! I really feel sad for this scenario, I know Bollywood is a huge platform but that pop culture or single album of an individual artist has just gone.i talked too much about the culture but yes….
The music of Euphoria has brought in the Indian Music industry a cult. They have strongly rooted their very own style of music in the industry. Few of their songs like “ Maeri”, “dhoom”, “gulli” became like anthem at one point of time.people can connect with their music because of their Indianness, they have used harmonium, tobla, dhol all the typical indian instruments and ofcourse the soulful voice of the lead singer Polash Sen just brings magic. even their videos are also very sweet and soothing has a typical indian touch, the “maeri” “gulli” “har na man na” nd the recent “item”. They are not swayed by the western video culture they have their own sweetness in each and every video which inspire us.
The band
I wldn’t say they are a proper band with constant band members, through these years we have seen the members to be changed but ofcourse their style haven’t changed a bit. Flute is one instrument which they have used very wisely in their songs. Even when Bollywood music was facing a turmoil with only Rahman being the innovator at that time they touched our heart with their soulful music.
The lead vocalist
And last but not the least the lead vocalist, song writer and the magic man Dr. Polash Sen , this pediatrician has pioneered Indian band culture(let’s say hindi band culture). He is a very soulful person that is reflected by his voice and a thoughtful person too . I really feel proud to be a bong when I think of these talented people. well above all he is really an inspiration for them who actually want to follow their hearts. Being the 4th generation doctor in his family, he had a choice to spend rest of his life as a doctor, but he followed his heart and took his dream one step forward. He used to write and sing in his medical college. He continued his practice and made his very own band. each of his album has become huge hit. He has proved that when we choose Indianness as our instrument we would never fail but very few people know how to use this instrument wisely that I believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment